Thursday, October 4, 2012

Little Cabinet Of Horrors!

Thanks for joining me today! I have to share this cabinet "before and after" makeover. It's a cabinet you could have seen at a neighborhood estate sale (or in your neighbor's front yard on haul-it-away day!), and not given it a second glance.

BEFORE
I might have enjoyed it's slick faux cherrywood finish about 15 years ago, but now? Not so much... BUT with some Cece Caldwell's Vermont Slate, Vintage White paint and Clear Wax  it's a whole 'nother animal:

AFTER (Painted by Cara Schopplein)

I love, love, LOVE that this paint lets the painting get started right away when inspiration strikes! No primer! Paint right over the metal handles! It would have been super easy to distress the paneled doors after painting it, using just a wet rag, but I think it's quite elegant just the way it is! I can think of so many ways to store all my JUNK in it, but I think it'll soon be up for sale at Paris Flea Market. (The next opening starts TONIGHT through Sunday!). 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your inspired thoughts!